Sub-collection of the Department of Forensic Medicine
The sub-collection of the Institute of Forensic Medicine consists of 600 specimens and was established after the foundation of Masaryk University. The founder of the collection is the first head of the Institute, Prof. František Berka. It was originally housed in the former Zembranec barracks in Brno, but after the relocation of the Institute in 1930, the collection was also moved.
- Jan Krajsa, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tvrdého 562/2a
- mostly self-selection from constitutional cases
- police, courts, medical schools
- division according to types of mechanisms of injury and causes of death
- fluid preparations of tissues, bones
- blunt objects - knives, firearms, tourniquets, blunt instruments, poisons
- the most important exhibit - a heart preparation of the writer Rudolf Těsnohlídek with a noticeable gunshot wound
The Department of Forensic Medicine also participated in the creation of the travelling exhibition Trace!, which is on loan from the Mendel Museum. More information at https://mendelmuseum.muni.cz/putovni-vystavy/stopa
If you are interested in borrowing, expert advice, or other information about the sub-collection, please contact the expert guarantor.